Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

4 years ago my autistic daughter was sexually assaulted on

Customer Question

4 years ago my autistic daughter was sexually assaulted on the school bus. We taken her to several psychiatrists, psychologists, art therapy, etc. She is now in taekwondo which has been a wonderful addition to her daily routine. My question is will she ever process the violent act that happened to her? Or will she always have to deal with her constant fear. Her diagnosis as of now age 11 is intellectually challenged (IQ53) blind in left eye, ASD, CPTSD, anxiety, SPDERS, ADHD. She still continues to relive the day she was assaulted. Her medications are 60 MG of Strattera, .1 MG Clonadine 1 in morning two at bed to help her night terrors, Abilify 2 MG once daily.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I am very sorry to hear of your daughter's emotional and mental challenges. She will eventually overcome her fear with positive reinforcement from you, her family and teachers. Have her continue her involvement with mixed martial arts. This community is especially helpful to all who participate. The process may take several years, but she can and will overcome this demoralizing situation.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

I hope your daughter is feeling a little better.