Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've got chronic neck pain and my MRI confirms several

Customer Question

I've got chronic neck pain and my MRI confirms several conditions requiring surgery for long term relief and pain medication for short term relief. (I have actual MRI disc as well as MRI report documenting these conditions. I would prefer some sort of pain medication that will not adversely effect my liver, such as Marijuana. How do I go about getting a medicinal marijuana card?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The process for getting a medical marijuana card varies from one state to another.

What state are you in?

I realize that you would have provided that information when you registered for the site, but access to all personal information is blocked to everyone except the adminstrators of the site to be able to maintain privacy.

I have not heard back regarding the state in which you reside.

The actual diagnoses that are covered vary according to each state. The exact process also varies according to each state. In most states, your regular medical doctor is able to complete the documentation, and your regular doctor would also already be familiar with the treatments that have already been tried. In some states, though, the doctor needs to be specifically certified to perform this function, and if your regular doctor is not certified, you would need a separate appointment with such a doctor.

If you want to relay your state of residence, then I can provide more specific information.