Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am having some concerns with meningitis. I'm not sure what

Customer Question

I am having some concerns with meningitis. I'm not sure what the problem is or if it's something worse. I have been having headaches for 3 days straight, along with neck pain, upper back pain and middle back pain. My neck feels stiff and I am tired and feel dizzy sometimes, like a malaise, and trouble falling asleep. I also feel nauseous. I also noticed I have been wearing my hair in a bun on the top of my head and I have poor posture. I took my bun out and it did relieve some pain but it still hurts. Laying down relieves the pain a little but it hurts enough to notice. I do not have a fever. Do I need to physically go to the doctor and be evaluated?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

It is very unlikely for it to be anything serious or for it to be something like meningitis.

The reason why I say this is because it is very common to have such kind of headaches if you have not been sleeping well or have been stressing a lot.

Also, poor posture could be an added factor as well.

The good thing is that you do not have any fever or vomiting which is also something that goes against meningitis.

Also, the very fact that you typed in this question here, means that your symptoms are not severe enough, which would be the case with meningitis usually.

So I would recommend that you should try taking some OTC pain medications to see if those help with your symptoms.

Also try getting some good sleep if you can to relax your mind a bit.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards