Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I've had a stressful few months. Starting in July I began

Hi Dr. Robert
I've had a stressful few months. Starting in July I began having panic attacks, most likely because my girlfriend was soon to leave for college across the country. I also have bad health anxiety because my mom passed away when I was young. Anyway, in July I was having trouble breathing and some chest pains. I went to the ER twice. The first time, they just dismissed it as anxiety. The second, they did blood tests that came back normal.
A few weeks later, I was having trouble taking deep breaths and went to the ER again. That time, they did an EKG, D dimer test, blood test, and chest x ray. My blood level was ever so slightly high, but the Dr. did not order a CT scan as he soon got the results of the x ray and other tests back and saw no reason for concern, all the tests came back normal. He told me I was having anxiety.
After this, my anxiety subsided for awhile. However, this weekend I flew from Chicago to Arizona to visit my girlfriend, and my anxiety was fine, but then on Saturday night I started struggling to take deep breaths. I took my inhaler and went to bed. The next day I went to minuteclinic because I had pink eye and strep and started taking amoxicillin. It's now wednesday, and since saturday night I've had some trouble taking deep breaths, and a bit of pressure on my sternum. I figured this was anxiety related, but went to a minuteclinic to have the practitioner listen to my lungs and heart and take my vitals. It all came back fine, and she said that my sternum pressure and deep breath issue is from anxiety. Do you agree with this, do you think I'm ok?

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

can I help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just would like some reassurance about my sternum i am a very anxious person and getting medical reassurance that I am not having a serious issue really helps me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello? I don't mean to be rude but any kind of response would be helpful

sorry about the late reply

I think this is absolutely anxiety

I see no room for concern here.

is this helpful?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/