Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My daughter is 15. She is complaining the the skin around

My daughter is 15. She is complaining the the skin around her vagina hurts. It's some what red but no discharge?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Since Monday. It seems to be getting more painful.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She is not sexual active.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry your daughter has vaginal discomfort. Since she is not sexually active, and she has no vaginal discharge, from your description, it is most likely a yeast infection of the skin. There are several things you can do for her. Apply Monistat cream to the labia and surrounding skin for 3 days. If it is a yeast infection, that should resolve it. Also, she will need to wear all cotton underwear, nothing containing polyester or nylon and loose fitting clothing. If not resolved in 3 days, then a visit to her LMD is in order.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome.