Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I'm going to the er I have what seems to be a herpes blister

I'm going to the er I have what seems to be a herpes blister forming on my thigh, it was preceded by a week of prodrome and a day of itching it looks like a big bite but I received oral sex from a lady a month and a half ago

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Can you upload a picture of the blister?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

It doesn't look like herpes in the picture you sent me.

It looks like a bug bite in that picture.

I would treat it with bacitracin 3 times a day and hydrocortisone 1% twice a day.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating (bonus appreciated) as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you dr I was tested for hsv 1&2 with igg last week at 6 weeks after exposure, my dr said a good percent of people have antibodies by this time , my test was negative , I'm gonna do more tests to be sure, they say herpes can be misunderstood as bug bites

Yes, that's true.

Typically, herpetic lesions are crusted on the edges which I don't see in the picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is true? Sorry dr I'm confused and this just came about so I'll have to see how it looks in the morning , I'm ver afraid

It's true that bug bites and herpes can be misunderstood for each other.

It's reassuring that your tests were negative.

I would not be afraid at all.

There is no reason to worry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even at only 6 weeks ?

Correct.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could I continue my life with my girlfriend as normal? And the area on my right thigh has flattened out and it had one small whitehead in the center and I squeezed white puss out of it

Yes, you may continue as normal.

Apply the bacitracin as I mentioned earlier.

Herpes does not have pus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With all the lesions I've had leading up to this point and the infection in my urethra I can't see any other cause than herpes,and my gf has not had any symptoms , I'm very anxious and the dr who ordered the blood test also prescribe me anti depressant and said not to worry about herpes but I'm having all the symptoms , I'm sorry for so many questions dr

No worries.

I want you to be reassured knowing that you do not have herpes.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rationally why do you think I don't? And ok I won't forget, I'm at work I'm doing it now I have a break

I noticed that you left a positive rating for another doctor but did not do here as you said you would.

I would appreciate it if you could fulfill your promise and leave the rating as you said.