Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

My grandmother (she is 82) is feeling paint in her foot. It

Customer Question

My grandmother (she is 82) is feeling paint in her foot. It started 3 days ago as a sole pricking and itching (hurting), it doesn't hurt when she steps on the toes or the back of the foot. It's only the left underfoot that is sore. It's hard to walk, to step on it but once she she still walks for a few minutes, it feels better or so she says. Could you advice on any treatment or a cause?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, this can be due to pinching of the nerve in the lower back called sciatica. It in most cases can be helped with exercises and physiotherapy of the back muscles. medical treatment includes pain killlers like tylenol and advil can help. Thank you.