Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Week ago I got shingles Right no I have a pain and blusters.

Week ago I got shingles Right no I have a pain and blusters. It is worth now to try Acyclovir or it is to late?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: always 8 from ( 0 -9). I am taking codein and other pain killers between. It helps.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am not diabetic no heart problem no kidney problem. I have sever artrithith in the low back it is the biggest problem I am 77 y.o. and full of energy and optimistic

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

What is the site on body where you have this pain & blisters of shingles?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Early treatment may help reduce the severity of the condition and the risk of potential complications.

Antiviral medicines such as acyclovir are most effective when taken within 72 hours of your blisters/rash appearing, although they may be started up to a week after your rash appears to minimize the possibility of complications.

As you got the shingles a week ago & now have the pain & blisters,it is advised you to take anti viral medications like acylovir.This will help speed the healing process and reduce your risk of complications.

The medicine can reduce the duration of the attack and prevent it spreading.Taking these anti viral drugs(even now) will also help prevent postherpetic neuralgia (PHN),which is the most common complication of shingles.

So bot***** *****ne is that yes,you need to take anti viral medication like acylovir now.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.How is your blisters now?

Have you started taking acyclovir?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I send email to you about 6 hours ago. I am not sure you had an opportunity to read it.
YOU GAVE ME ADVICE TO TAKE antivirus medication I did it. I am very satisfied with your advice and giving you THE HIEST RATE plus gold star medal!
I do not know yet if it help or not but it need take time and I follow you with confidence! My question is: can I take gabapentin and valacyclovir together? Right now my pain a little bit less but usual the stronger pain comes at night. I am waiting for your answer. Sofia Crossley

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation.It feels very proud to help someone & when you say “I am very satisfied with your advice and giving you the highest rate plus gold star medal” Thank you so much.

Yes,you can take gabapentin and Valtrex(valacyclovir) together.

Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant.It is the drug of choice used to treat nerve pain caused by herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster).

Valacyclovir is an antiviral drug. It slows the growth and spread of the herpes virus to help the body fight the infection.

There is no drug interaction between these two drugs. They can be safely taken together.

And please do not forget to leave positive rating.Bonus given are highly appreciated.

God bless you & take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh