Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I am 17 and I am a bit worried about my period. I had

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** am 17 and I am a bit worried about my period. I had protected sex this month about four times. and recently vaginal my yeast infection has got worse. My period is irregular and I was suppose to get it the 14th of this month and im starting to get frightened. Shoul di be worried about pregnancy? Or is this normal for the yeast infection i have. Thank you.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Lately ive had pains in my lower right stomach, and sometimes left. The same time the doctor found me the vaginal infection, i also had a benign ovary cyst
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have history of irregularity in periods?

Are you taking any birth control pills?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for staying online.

As you have history of irregularity in periods,it is quite possible to have delay in periods.Also as you are diagnosed with benign ovary cyst,this is another common cause of delay in period.

Your period was was suppose to get it the 14th of this month & til today you are still waiting for it,and as you had sex this month about four times,which were protected ,so there is very slim chance of pregnancy.

Stress is another common cause that disturbs the cycle and you can have delay in periods.When you are under stress,adrenal glands secrete a hormone called cortisol.Cortisol has a direct impact on the sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, and DHEA. This causes irregularity in menstrual cycle and delay in periods.

Most of the time, simply decreasing your stress, improving nutrition and adding adequate nutritional supplements can provide a natural way to restore regular periods.Take plant estrogens (phytoestrogens, isoflavones.Eat healthy & nurtrious.Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins.

So bot***** *****ne is that there is very slim chance of pregnancy here.You need to wait & watch.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know about your periods/possibility of pregnancy?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh