Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants
94080274

I'm a military gulf War vet, getting ready to file a claim

Customer Question

I'm a military gulf War vet, getting ready to file a claim for Insomnia. Is there a difference between Sleep apnea & Insomnia? or a medical report I can reference because fight the VA office is like pulling teeth. Thank you Sir
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling, and my last visit was July 2016.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnose with sleep apnea. I tried filing a claim for sleep apnea w3hich was turn down, so now I'm asking for compensation Insomnia.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****

There is a (large) difference between sleep apnea and insomnia. Sleep apnea generally describes brief periods in which the patient ceases to breathe while asleep; insomnia is the inability to fall asleep. How can I help you further with this?

Hi there, did you have any further questions between insomnia and sleep apnea, or is there anything else that I can help you with today? If you feel that I have adequately answered your question, I would really appreciate a five-star rating so that I may earn credit for having helped you today. If you do have further questions, please, by all means continue asking them until we can find a resolution to issue.