Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Thanks for asking- just looking up ways to increase

Customer Question

Hi - thanks for asking- just looking up ways to increase neutrophil levels. My Mom is taking a cancer med and her levels are low.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes- even in a cool green folder for an easy reference for Mom.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really- is this chat- a free service- or is it linked to a paid service/cost?
JA: The Doctor's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Well then- we will probably stick with our main oncologist, and Mom's secondary oncologist. Thank you anyway.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her levels have gone from 3.8 (when she was off the Ibrance) to 1.54 now (after another monthly dosage)- but that is still two weeks off the drug and it only went up .25 - from 1.24 last week to 1.54 now). She also takes Faslodex- both are treatments for estrogen-sensitive breast cancer that reappeared in her bones.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry your mother is battling metastatic breast cancer and is receiving Ibrance therapy at this point

as you know her total WBC white blood cell count and neutrophil levels can definitely drop after Ibrance therapy.

her may need a support shot of neupogen or neulasta to get her WBC counts and neutrophil counts up after therapy.

her medical oncologist should be scheduling this for her.