Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a quick question. I went out of town last weekend and

Customer Question

hi. I had a quick question . I went out of town last weekend and was fine, but then when I woke up on Saturday morning (we left Friday afternoon), I noticed that my right ear seemed clogged up. I figured that it was due to the fact that I had my windows down and that I was sticking my head out enjoying the fresh air. We came home sunday evening. Anyway, after a couple of days with just trying to work it out in my own, I tried 3 OTC/home remedies for this and nothing has worked. What else can I do and what could it be ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

I would recommend you to add xylometazoline nasal spray and take steam with menthol crystals in it. If it does not get relieved get a check up from your doctor to rule out any infection. Chewing gum can help.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how would nasal spray help an ear problem ? My ear feels like it is clogged up
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Because this spray gets back in your throat where your ear tube opens in your throat. Sometimes that tube gets clogged.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok - is there a more common name for the nasal spray ? and can I get it at Walmart ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

It is sometimes called xynosine spray and you can get it from wall greens pharmacy as IT IS OTC drug.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

I hope you are better now.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.