Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I was prescribed Keflex 500mg for my throat which is ok but

Customer Question

I was prescribed Keflex 500mg for my throat which is ok but I was wondering if I had a chlymadia infection also would that kelfex take care of that also?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.

Keflex has less effect against chlamydia.

Chlamydia is treated with either a single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline. These are the 2 recommended medications for this type of infection.

You should discuss it with your doctor and add other antibiotic to treat chlamydia infection also.

In the meantime do safe sex practices.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

If you have any further query then we can discuss thoroughly in chat mode.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.