Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I need to get a prescription written for Decadron or

Customer Question

I need to get a prescription written for Decadron or Adderall and I don't have health insurance and have too many medical bills in collection. How can I get a prescription written?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am on Bru propion that I take daily and avonex that I take 1 time a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am supposed to be on lithium as well but I don't take it and I've had dexedrine prescribed to me since I was a child and I'm now 39
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm allergic to Lexapro and imitrex
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 12 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

There are online places that can help. Here is some information on where you can go to get your medications:

As far as writing a Rx, or helping you to obtain your medication with an online consultation, I am afraid I have some bad news.

It is illegal for me to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

The best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.

The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside. There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors visit is :

Hopefully one of these online medication services can help you.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I provided you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi. So I am in need of a prescription written for dexedrine or Adderall. I have no medical insurance and it's very important that I can show my work proof of a medication I have been on since I was 12. I'm adhd and it is important that I can get back on this medication that worked for me in the past.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't afford 50 dollars right now for you to call me.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your honesty.