Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

This is going to be in my opinion a loaded question but is

This is going to be in my opinion a loaded question but is there a way to increase vascular resistance ? I ask this cause I have mild fingernail clubbing and based on what I've researched online in regards ***** ***** clubbing and how lower then needed blood oxygen levels , somehow causes clubbing through how lower then normal or needed blood oxygen levels somehow cause vasodilation so I'm thinking if there is a way through diet exercise etc to reverse the vasodilation that has taken place , maybe I can reverse or at least better the appearance of My finger and toe nails? Also improving my internal health organs etc I guess improving my internal health would be best regardless of fingernail shake changing but I'd love to fix this also
I been smoking for 20 years but for the last then I've smoked doe uncle so I probably now have a 30 year pack history at just 36 years old which is disappointing to say the least

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. Thank you for this most interesting question. The major causes of clubbing are congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. First you need to stop smoking. Next, begin an exercise program (slow at first, then increased intensity to tolerance). Reduce the amount of dairy and fat in your diet. Eat whole grain products only, no white bread or pasta. Over time, the clubbing will decrease.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm no doctor but I am pretty smart and to me the human body alltho kite complex is like any other mechanical thing I've come across in life
So is it Really it's that simple ? I heard clubbing not reversible in any way not can it be improved once it takes shape so I was told

It is not totally reversible but if the cause is removed (smoking, oxygen deprivation) there can be some improvement.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How bout the Significance of clubbing? And what it symbolizes Health wise ?

Clubbing is associated with respiratory, heart and gastrointestinal disorders. However no specific cause has been established. So, one could say that it symbolizes abnormal body function either self caused or beyond individual control.

Any comments regarding my last post?