DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been suffering from numbness in my feet for the last

Customer Question

i have been suffering from numbness in my feet for the last month or so as well as numbness in my fingers for 2-3 weeks.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes i have seen a neurologist i am not taking meds
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no meds and i am not allergic to any
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have been experiencing dizziness as well
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you and your gender?

What investigations were done by the neurologist ?

Any other symptom than numbness and dizziness ?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am 39 asian male.Yes have been seeing a neurologist. they did an emg and mrii had an MRI of my neck and brain and there are no lesions.I have a dry feeling in my right eye. no pain in the eye
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have had some pain in my back and a sharp pain in my neck for some months

Do you have any blood work done as well?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have done routine bloodwork. my sugar level was slightly elevated 100 and tested for b12 which was fine. also tested thyroid

Do you have any stress or anxiety ?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
lots of stress with a new baby and work. many of the symptoms seem to be suggestive of MS but my MRI was clean. Should I have a lp done? can you have symptoms without lesions? is ms more unilateral than bilateral? I was also thinking this was more hormone related or blood sugar related because sometimes i feel tired or stressed and eating or drinking something seems to make things better

Thanks for the information

Let me assure you its not MS as MS has a definite diagnostic criteria in which your symptoms does not fits. Secondly you have absolutely normal MRI and other blood work so again showing that the possibility of something serious is very unlikely.Thirdly you have been visiting neurologist and usually a neurologist can pick an organic brain or spinal cord problem. I think your symptoms are more related to the stress which you have been suffering recently and a stress management is likely to improve your symptoms. Simple test for vitamin D deficiency should be carried out as well and if there is a deficiency it should be corrected. I don,t think Lumbar puncture will be of any help in your case.Nutritional deficiencies can give rise to such symptoms as well.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards