Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My doctor took X-rays of my right breast today after looking

Customer Question

My doctor took seven follow up X-rays of my right breast today after looking at the two from last week that showed an irregular area. They told me everything was okay today, but now I am so concerned that they took seven views and nine total on one breast. Was that normal and within guidelines? I asked today and showed so much concern and they said no one would help me, unless I just did what they said and got the pictures.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: As above - yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

I understand your concern and while it is true that the lower radiation exposure the better even 9 xrays during this short period is low risk to you ...Some radiolgy pictures such as a heart Cath requires fluoroscopy for example which is periods of continuous xray ( short films rather than a snap shot )

So your 9 snapshots are far less radiation than fluoroscopy by comparison...

True we would prefer to have fewer views and less radiation exposure ..At times with question of a irregular breast mammogram there may be a series of varied views and compression views

Your experience is not one of you being in high danger >> no to that

It is possible to see potential need but true most such questions are resolved with fewer than 9 images -- I agree with that point as well ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD