Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My female partner continues to get bacterial infections

Customer Question

My female partner continues to get bacterial infections after having intercourse with me. She has been tested for all STDs and all have come back negative, but even though she has gotten negative results, she still believes that somehow I am cause of her infections so she wants me to get tested and I am just concerned, even though she is negative on everything perhaps I will be positive on something. I think I am fine, but I am scared. Something is causing her issues and she wasn't having them prior to me. What could it be?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I think it is fine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was exposed to herpes about 20 years ago, but haven't had any breakouts of any sort.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you are having this infection problem. When you say she has been "tested..for all STD's and is negative." What type of infection is she getting? Does she get Bacterial Vaginosis? The fact that you were exposed to herpes could make you a carrier, even though you have no break-outs. Help me to help you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 days ago.

Can you please supply the information I requested.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you