Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have had an issue with my tongue for the past 3 weeks. Was

Customer Question

Good morning...I have had an issue with my tongue for the past 3 weeks. Was given a steriod injection and a z pak..seemed to briefly help..Tongue issue then continued and had another "dose"..PA recommended a alligerst. (s-) now I am thinking to go see my dentist. NO dentures..teeth are good and well cared has not changed??
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: NO..thinking about calling today...
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Tongue feels weird..feel like I am sucking on tongue...SENSITIVE to cold and hot..seem to have several bumps under the top layer...tip of tongue feels and looks like I have lost cells????
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no..blood pressure has been under control for years...had prostate cancer..just had Lupron shot which I have had before and no side effects..
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 15 days ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any symptoms besides the tongue? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?