How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18208
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] - I'm confused as what branch of doctor I

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I'm confused as what branch of doctor I need when I'm on warfin
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes & then they've me around to a different type.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well I was in the hospital for back surgery they discovered I had 2 clogged vein , after leaving there they did a vein surgery & gave me a heart doctor ,well since then I moved & there now putting me with a electrophysiology. I know there 2 different things but.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: well 3-4 of us have a irregular heart beat we were born with. the rest don't seem to have it .& they keep trying to change it just makes it worst. I've just came out of the hospital from not getting my breath & swollen ankles & legs they put me on 80 mg of diretics that I don't think there working that well sorry , of course I'm weak most of the time no engery
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Warfarin can be managed by any doctor. It commonly would be managed by your primary care physician, but can be managed by a specialist, such as a Cardiologist. In fact, there are some anticoagulation clinics in which the warfarin dose adjustments are managed by a Pharmacist.