Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

Recently I've had some memory issues and I think they've

Customer Question

Hey recently I've had some memory issues and I think they've gotten worse over the last few weeks, I also get severe pain on one spot in my head that usually lasts about a minute then goes away
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't. I'm not taking anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm only 17. I've never had any other medical issues but I did have a bad head injury about a year ago
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: I can't remember how long I've had headaches but memory issues quite some time I think. Not that I've found yet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr Ashori here, please give me a moment to reply.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

The headache along with memory loss would make it important for you to have a neurologic exam done.

The fact that the pain comes and goes however makes it less likely to be a tumor or anything serious. Likely it's tension headache.

The memory loss can be due to excess stress or it could be due to a tumor, but memory loss because of a tumor or bleeding in the brain is very rare.

Are you able to move all your extremities without problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
everything is fine I'm a fit young person
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This may sound strange but I don't feel like myself
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

I see, so it sounds like it's a global effect, not just memory but also feeling a bit out of sorts.

Are there any other things going on besides that?

Any sleep issues, depression? Anxiety?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No to be honest I'm pretty stable with all other aspects of life. Just today inparticular was bad and I have become worried about my issue
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

That's a good sign that everything else is okay.

Any chance you're taking some new medication or new herbals, supplements or not getting enough sleep?

No major stressors in your life that could be causing this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I stay away from medicine as much as possible. I try to deal with things myself and not rely or medications or remedies to help. I am a student so there are obvious stresses like exams but otherwise no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I get stressed about things I can't remember. Simple events like what I had for dinner last night
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Well I wouldn't freak out because it still doesn't sound serious.

But, I think it's time for an exam and maybe even a head MRI or CT scan.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Well that's not really abnormal though.

I couldn't tell you what I did yesterday and I'm a fairly intelligent 38 yo physician.

That's not necessarily a sign of memory problems.

Memory problems is not being able to name a pencil, forgetting your mother's name or forgetting your home address which you've lived at for 10 years.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you for your help. I am suffering from what I believe is called retarded ejaculation, could this be related at all?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Well stress is very likely to cause retarded ejaculation.

One a scale of 1-10 how high does your stress level get in the average day/week?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not very high as far as I know I'm fairly relaxed so 4
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

4 isn't bad but still high enough that it could explain the symptoms you are describing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, any tips for getting rid of my retarded ejaculation and stress?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

For stress it's a matter of meditation, exercise and practicing mindful techniques to not let your mind get overburdened with whatever is on your mind.

As for the retarded ejaculation, that's much tougher to treat. But hypnosis and cognitive behavioral therapy have been shown to be quite effective for some.

Others have used menthol products on the tip of the penis to help increase the sensation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you for your help and advice. I will see my doctor about my head aches. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

That's a good idea.

I think they will reassure you but I would feel better if you did see them.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

If my information was helpful please click on "Rating" so that we can complete this transaction.

If you have other questions please let me know.

Dr. Ashori

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Dr. Ashori

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Dr. Ashori