Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I tested poitive for oxazepeane i don't know wht that is i

Customer Question

i tested poitive for oxazepeane i don't know wht that is i know is a benzo. it's on valium. i take klonopin most recently ativan halloo pristique wellbutrin adrenal haldol zyprex fish oil aleve atarax seroquel topamax trazadone imitrex
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: clonodine
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: it was a 5 panel from medtox what medication can cause a positive urine
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: i just gave you a list
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: noim not allergic nyquil benedryl
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** and i am reviewing your question and will get back to you with a response ASAP!!!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Well from the list of medications which you have mentioned there are a couple which could have caused a false positive for OXAZEPAM, the first one is ativan itself which is itself a benzodiazepine and in a simple 5 panel test benzos cant be differentiated from each other. Secondly the nyquil and benadryl have been known to cause false positives for benzos as well. This can occur in some cases. Lastly you are also on klonopin which again is a benzodiazepine.

Now the next best step here is to get a GC/MS test done, if it has not been done as of yet. This would allow differentiation between the benzodiazepines and can eliminate false positive results. Secondly it is also able to estimate the quantity of the drug in your system and can dfifferentiate between contaminated samples and samples which have not been contaminated.

The answer here is to get a GC/MS test done.

Do you have any more questions? This discussion is open if you want some more clarifications. Ill be happy to nswer your questions.

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
forget about it i just want this cancelled

Ok ill let customer services know and they will contact you for a refund

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they told me oxyzaepam specifically can they tell Just by the 5 panel