Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am having dizzyness when i am upright.... what can cause

Customer Question

i am having dizzyness when i am upright.... what can cause this? I do not drink or smoke and have been having serious spinning sensations that knock me off my feet.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no , i need to call the doctor but don't know what kind of doctor i need.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i just got out of hospital with severe divetriculitus.... two weeks in hospital.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

One of the most common cause of dizziness while upright is postural hypotension (b.p drop when standing from sitting position) and the most common reason is hypovolemia that is dehydration or decreased water content in the blood. And the second common cause is diabetes. I would recommend you to take lots of fluids and check your blood pressure and if it does not improve do followup with your doctor to make sure there is no residual infection and monitor your blood sugar level.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.