Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I did another ultrasound after 7 months from the first one.

Customer Question

Hi doctor , i did another ultrasound after 7 months from the first one.
It goes like this :
EXAM: ULTRASOUND ABDOMEN COMPLETEHISTORY: Fatty liverTECHNIQUE: Standard grayscale images were acquired with additional Doppler interrogation when appropriate.COMPARISON: None available.FINDINGS:Liver: Nonspecific slight heterogeneous liver echotexture without mass depicted. The liver measures 12.9 cm in length.Gallbladder: Normal.Bile Ducts: Intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts are not dilated. The common bile duct measures 0.4 cm diameter.Pancreas: Unremarkable.Spleen: Normal echotexture. The spleen measures 8.6 cm in length.Aorta: Visualized portions appear normal. IVC venous flow suggesting patency. Portal vein shows hepatopetal flow direction and normal size.Kidneys: No pelvicaliceal dilatation. No stones. The right kidney measures 9.2 cm in length. The left kidney measures 9.6 cm in length.Ascites: None. No pleural effusion depicted.IMPRESSION: Nonspecific mild heterogeneous echotexture of the liver.Unremarkable study otherwise. Correlation with clinical and laboratory data needed.
------------------------My blood work is all normal but ALT 63 and cholesterol is 253can you explain me the meaning of ultrasound ?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is my older Post before 7 months :
Im 26 years old male , Ive been diagnosed...
Im 26 years old male , Ive been diagnosed with " diffuse fatty liver change " .. My ultrasound shows that i have Fatty liver. I completly stop drinking alcohol before the ultrasound .. ALT was 52 before 2 months now its in normal range ... after 2 months i did blood tests and my and hep A,B,C was negative .. I also did LFTs test which is in normal ranges .. The only thing abnormal was Cholestrol ( 209 ).. And the ultra sound ..
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 13 days ago.

Actually, I was reviewing the old posts to see if you gave details of the previous ultrasound for comparison.

This diffuse change in the liver on ultrasound is consistent with fatty infiltration of the liver. In the previous posts, you only mentioned that the evaluation showed fatty infiltration of the liver on ultrasound. It is difficult to say from the description whether this is unchanged, better, or worse than before.

While your dcotor can compare the descriptions on the reports of the two ultrasounds, it would be better if the Radiologist could look at the images and comment upon whether it looks better.

I was in the process of leaving the computer when this question was posted, so I am about to step away from the computer, but I will be back later today if you have any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what do you suggest doctor , and what is " Nonspecific mild heterogeneous echotexture of the liver. " mean?
is it something more than fatty liver ? . I did the ultrasound in other clinic. because i changed my city.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
this is the old US

It only means that there is more echoes within the liver. They used similar terminology in the old ultrasound. Since the two ultrasounds were done at different facilities, the only way to determine whether it looks better on this ultrasound would be to request the images from the first ultrasound and take them to the current facility to be able to compare.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ill try to pick up my old ultrasound images .. I already did fibroscan before 4 months it shows resulst as : 3.9 kpa .
Last question , could more echo means somthing else than fatty liver , and should i do more labs or screening test ?Thank you

Yes. As the expert told you on your first question, the findings on ultrasound with a fatty liver are non-specific, so it is appropriate to perform additional evaluation. Since there was further evaluation done at that time to exclude other possible causes, it does not need to be repeated every time that an ultrasound is done to monitor the disease.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what are tests that i need to do doctor .
I already did ultrasound, fibroscan , blood work , screening for hep a,b,c (All negative) .. Is there some tests that i need to tell my GI about to order it for me ?

I just said that the evaluation does not need to be repeated.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I got it. I dont know doctor , last ultrasound makes me more confused . I dont expierience any symptoms just slightly pain in my right abdomen after heavy meals , thats it . This report got me more to hVe concerns wither its fat echo or not .. I will try to give them old images for comparing ..
Thank you

You are welcome.