Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm a 22 y/o male, have had a partially blocked nose since

Customer Question

Hi I'm a 22 y/o male , have had a partially blocked nose since puberty and started seeing docs about a year ago. Been on multiple sprays and antihistamines etc since then, and I feel like theyve made the problem a lot worse. My nose is completely blocked up now and I can hardly breathe through it. Feels like im breathing through a very small straw and if I try to take a normal sized breathe it makes a wheezing sound and no air goes in.
I've been suffering from headaches, change in personality which I think is due to lack of energy/ feeling lethargic, been feeling anxious for not reason all the time, been losing weight and strength, i can't taste or smeel anything anymore, feel like I don't get enough oxygen...
Is my nose problem stopping me getting enough air and making me feel all these symptoms?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you should see an ENT doctor and get a sinus CT Scan to check your sinuses.

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? this can cause you to feel like you are not able to get enough air.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I feel a little anxious about talking etc because it doesn't sound right sometimes because my nose is so blocked up. I can't speak as well as I used to.But can I be deprived of oxygen because of a blocked nose? I'm shallow breathing a lot
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

it sounds like your anxiety symptoms are getting out of control.

you need to talk to your doctor about getting treatment about your anxiety

without treatment for your anxiety symptoms, you will continue to feel anxious and short of breath

you can not be deprived of oxygen because of a blocked nose.