5 months ago i got a canker sore under my tongue. It has

Customer Question

Hi, 5 months ago i got a canker sore under my tongue. It has went away but my tongue was never the same. Now i have pain under my tongue, that at times makes my eye tear. The pain i have now is more under tongue, closer to the back of the tongue. Also, not sure if the area behind teeth, under the tongue looks "normal".
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just added a photo
Expert:  dr.behere replied 13 days ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.Your photo is slightly out of focus, can you take a better one?And can you mark which area seems abnormal to you?Regards, *****
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how about this picture
the issue is the area behind the teeth that looks swollen on both sides
Expert:  dr.behere replied 13 days ago.
Hello,The swollen areas are perfectly normal. They are called as fimbriated tissue folds present on the ventral surface of the tongue, everybody has them.That area of the tongue also has varicose veins, called lingual varices, which are slightly blue in colour, they are also normal.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards, *****
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you but what is the discomfort i am feeling? i am very glad that this does not look like cause for worry but i wonder why there is discomfort.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello. What could the cause of the discomfort be?