DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I wanted to ask a Doctor a question, how much is it? okay

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I wanted to ask a Doctor a question, how much is it?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: okay thanks :)
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I have, I'm taking cefuroxime Axetil
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no thank u for asking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please tell me what exactly is your question ?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dr. Ehtisham, thanks I'll type my question :)

Sure I am waiting

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I went on vacation I ate some fried cheese and I've never been the same (Happened July 16) I think I got food poisoning, I had vomiting and diarrhea that day. I've felt unwell since, I feel I have bacteria in my stomach and a virus (I read you can get viruses from food) I went to emergency twice, the 1st time they didn't give me anything but I went 5 days later because I was feeling so unwell. I've lost 18 pounds. The doctor gave me antibiotics and I'm doing much better but I still feel quite unwell, sometimes I feel like falling over and passing out. My dad said they won't give me antibiotics a 2nd time, I'm feeling worried because I feel I need a second dose of antibiotics to get better because I've been so bad. I know some doctors don't prescribe if the tests are negative. I was wondering if I'm still not feeling better after the antibiotics should I give it a few days before I go back to the doctor or if I go ahead and tell them my situation they may give me a 2nd dose?

So you still have loose stools and vomiting ?

In how much time you lost 18 pounds weight ?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no more loose stolls and vomiting, I think I lost the 18 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm feeling worried because I have the feeling of falling over and passing out. I got tested but it's negative, just because it's negative it doesn't mean someone is not sick. Do you think I have a good chance to get a 2nd dose of antibiotics?

How is your blood pressure ?

How is your oral intake recently ?

Any known medical problem or medicine you are taking ?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
blood pressure is normal and I don't have an appetite but now since the medication i'm better and can force myself to eat. no other medical problem or medicine I'm taking
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know my situation isn't an easy one for a doctor maybe it's better I talk to a doctor in person. Thanks for trying to help me :)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you're still thinking it's okay no problem i'm waiting :)

Thanks for the information

Your symptoms suggest that you need further evaluation

It is not usual to loose so much weight with a simple food poisoning

It is possible that infection is still in your body and you might need a course of antibiotic but I would suggest to have a complete blood work up and stool analysis to see if there is any abnormality in these test. Tests related to liver function and kidney functions and electrolytes should be done too.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much! No more questions, I will go to the doctor.

you are welcome

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you Dr. Ehtisham!

you are welcome

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards