Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Can I take Theraflu Warming Relief that has 12.5 mg

Customer Question

Can I take Theraflu Warming Relief that has 12.5 mg Diphenhydramine after I have taken an Allegra Allergy 24 hr that has 180 mg Fexofenadine?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. Can I take Theraflu Warming Relief that has 12.5 mg Diphenhydramine after I have taken an Allegra Allergy 24 hr that has 180 mg Fexofenadine?

In a nutshell?

Yes.

as long as you an an otherwise basically healthy person......

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What medical conditions would I need to be concerned about if taking both?

Well, you have not told me anything about yourself...so if you a 93 year old 86 pound patient and just got out of the ICU last week, you might want to hold off on the theraflu ;)

But, 99% of the population can safely take those two medications like you want to do

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS