Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I am 68,have an essential tremor of the hands, and I am

I am 68,have an essential tremor of the hands, and I am trying to start a crochet-craft store. Where can I find a comprehensive book or pamphlet on nutritional aids for treatment of such, all I get is a run-around for money.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear you have a tremor in your hands. Unfortunately, the only help with this problem is a prescription medication called Propranolol. When prescribed in small doses, 10 mg every 6 hours as needed, it does help with the shaking. Discuss this with your doctor. The only side effect is that your blood pressure may be slightly lowered.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Were you able to speak with your doctor to get a prescription for Propranolol?