Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I got my EBV results back. EBV IgG positive and IgM

Customer Question

Hi - I got my EBV results back. EBV IgG positive and IgM negative. Also, for CMV IGg positive and IGm negative.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for this question. Well these results are not very concerning because they show that you have been exposed to EBV and CMV in the past. The positive IgG levels basically show that you did have these viruses at some point in the past but your immune system took care of them and they are no longer causing a problem for you. The negative IgM shows that you DONT have an active acute infection due to these viruses. The only way a positive IgG level can be problematic for you is if you have an immunodeficiency state like are on immunosuppressant drugs, have HIV, have received an organ transplant etc. Otherwise these test results mean that nothing needs to be done at this point in time.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,