Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a physical pain in my pelvic region at the

hi i have a physical pain in my pelvic region at the ancetubulum of my both legs. Both legs hurt for i cant lifet them while lying down straight. I got an x ray of hip, which was normal. I have a stiff neck. My lumbar spine has also straightened because of some reason. Today i had done ESR 85 mm/hour and C-reactive protein test as negativeIS it alarming,.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
30 and male.

An ESR of 85 means there is chronic inflammation and not an acute one. CRP shows acute inflammation and absence of fever and a normal CRP rules out acute inflammation, this along with symptoms of bilateral hip pain indicate joint inflammation. An x ray is an inadequate imaging to evaluate the hip joint so, I would advise that you have an MRI of the hip done along with a serum Ra factor to rule out arthritis. This is not a life threatening situation so there is no need to be alarmed. Just follow up with your physician for the required tests and ensure a proper evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But the value for my ESR 2.5 months ago was 8.5
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, how can both the results be opposite. both find out inflammation. CRP is better test for inflammation.

No, as I stated, CRP is only raised in acute inflammatory reactions where as the ESR is an indicator of chronic inflammation. So, a raised ESR from 8.5 to 85 in 2 months means there is a chronic inflammatory reaction going on which should be investigated.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay, i have done calicum serum which came out to be 9 and RA factor test which was negative.

The calcium is normal and the Ra factor is negative, that means an MRI of the hip should be done to see if there is really any changes in the joints depicting arthritis. Arthritis can be seronegative, which means that it can be present with negative Ra factor.

Regards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I had done MRI.
Although I have not received the reports but the technician said that there some fluid in my ball and socket joint on the right side.

Thanks for the reply.

You need to see an orthopedics or rheumatologist when you get the final report for further management.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Butbwhatvdoes the fluid indicate

Thanks for the reply.

Fluid can build up due to any inflammation within the joint and the most common cause is arthritis and most likely osteoarthritis in your case.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But I am very young for that.
Can it be something else?

It can be infection or inflammation of the bursa called bursitis.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Let me know if you have followup questions.