Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I think I may have sprained my esophagus or dislocated my

Customer Question

I think I may have sprained my esophagus or dislocated my Adam's apple I was sniffling really hard (snorking I call it) because of a sinus infection and I happen to also swallow at the same time
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Feels a little harder to breathe like a constant pressure on my Adam's apple especially when I swallow which is painful. It's like I sprained my throat or something
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope that's it I think this is just a one off event but just wanted to know if it's possible to dislocate an Adam's apple
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 24 days ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 24 days ago.

Can you please elaborate your question a little more.
What is your age and gender?
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Have you been seen for this?
Any tests done?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
41 male
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No huge medical problems other than copd and sinus infection in any case no I really think this is a one off thing but I was sniffling really hard just trying to suck a chunk of garbage out of my nose and well I happen to swallow at the same time which caused this pain and strain that has lingered and hurts when I swallow
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
The closest description to what I'm feeling was someone on a forum said it feels like something is not working quite right or out of place when I swallow
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 24 days ago.

Thank you for your response.

With the symptoms that you are having, you could be having a throat infection which is causing your symptoms.

I would recommend that you be seen as you will likely require a course of an antibiotic to help with your symptoms after an examination.

Meanwhile, to reduce the pain and inflammation I would recommend using OTC motrin or aleve to help.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me when you are done.