Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Serverekneepaininrightknee,

Customer Question

serverekneepaininrightknee
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes/bloodpressure/potassium/xeralto
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: thepainhascomeandwentforeightonedoctorhastoldmeitisetanolabuse8yrs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: justbloodpressure
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you have knee pain for the past 8 years. Did you also say that you drink an excessive amount of alcohol? You also state that you are on blood pressure medication, potassium and a blood thinner, Xeralto. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

OK, How may I help you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what do think I should do or try I have akneescope and rehabbiltation mri xrays show arthrits
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

If I understand, you are asking should you have surgery with arthroscopy and then PT for arthritis or is there another treatment. Knee replacement with last on average 15-20 years before additional surgery would be expected. So, how old are you? The alternative is to take medication to control the pain. Bot***** *****ne, if the pain you have is debilitating, surgery is needed. If you can tolerate the pain and function, walk, work, exercise, etc. then medication such as a NSAID.

Ij you have already had surgery and you are still in pain, NSAID (Ibuprofen) will help until you complete your physical therapy. The therapy itself can cause pain for the first 2-3 weeks.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you