Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I'm a 42 year old male and recently been given a herpes

Customer Question

I'm a 42 year old male and recently been given a herpes diagnosis after having some lesions appear on my scrotum. Swab was positive and blood test was positive. I have been in a long tern monogamous heterosexual relationship of almost 10 years and do not expect my partner of cheating. I do not believe they have exhibited any symptoms. I have been under a considerable amount of stress lately and am wondering if this is something I have been carrying for a long time prior to this relationship and it is just now showing up? I had several sexual partners during and after college.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 21 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Yes this is seen in many patients that the first episode of symptoms can appear years after being first infected. There is definitely a possibility to be infected for the first time, and have few or no symptoms, and then have a recurrent outbreak with noticeable symptoms several years later.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a 5 star rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How come my wife does not exhibit any symptoms of infection? We have not used protection for many years?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Please rate my previous answer with 5 stars so that we can continue with our discussion.

Thank you.