Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

We are on a boat in Panama and a member of crew has been

Customer Question

we are on a boat in Panama and a member of crew has been bitten we think by a spider we have a course of Distaph - dicloxacillin on board can we give this to the crew member and some anti histermine to stop the itching from other mosquito bites he has..
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not seen the doctor and he is not on any medication currently - another person was bitten with exactly the same appearance and symptoms and the doctor cleaned it and prescribed anti biotics. We have thoroughly cleaned and taken out all of the puss
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: NONE NO
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO fit and healthy young man
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. Since that is the only medication you have available, and you cleaned the area, start giving it to him until he can be seen by a doctor as long as he has no allergy to the antibiotic. If you have a topical antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin apply that twice daily in addition to the oral medication.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is what I already knew so please make sure that you do not take any further amount than the initial 5$ from my account.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Can you send pictures to confirm a spider bite(s)?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

Would you like me to help you out with your concerns?