DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

What is the realistic risk of chlamydia infection from M2M

Customer Question

What is the realistic risk of chlamydia infection from M2M frottage, skin to skin contact with an infected partner?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The chances of spread of chlamydia through a skin to skin contact are almost zero. The usual route of spread of chlamydia infection is through vaginal,anal or oral sex .

Can you please explain what kind of contact you had and what are your symptoms ?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Skin to skin frottage - penis to penis rubbing against each other while erect - with a partner who may have chlamydia. What are the chances it could be transmitted this way - by the tips of each penis rubbing together?

Thanks for sending the details.

Theoretically speaking such a transmission can occur but very rarely but practically such a transmission hardly ever occur. As there is no penetration so to acquire chlamydia this way is highly unlikely. So just relax as it is unlikely to have an infection like Chlamydia this way.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Even if I know the partner had chlamydia?

Yes even then the risk of transmission is very low .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards