Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a bad trip on 1 year ago and after that i experienced

Customer Question

Hi i had a bad trip on lsd 1 year ago and after that i experienced depersonalization, which was further exacerbated by alcohol use, i had tremendous anxiety during this time, a blurred vision and could barely work.. i used xanax for the worst situations and 5 months ago i read up about phenibut started using it in conjunction with alcohol for 1 month to combat the anxiety. After i read up on phen withdrawals i realized that phenibut has horrible withdrawal symptoms and i quitted cold turkey and had extreme withdrawal symptoms for 5 days, the worst time of my life. The thing is this, phenibut and alcohol decreased my libido significantly, and to this day.. right now i still suffer from dp in a mild way and a kind of a sexual anhedonia.. i feel as if im not sure what a person and an identity is, and its at worst when i look television.. its as if my identity got broken up with the lsd bad trip.. doctor whats your toughts on my situation and what do you suggest?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How much alcohol did you use?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I used phenibut with alcohol 3 times a week for a month, mid march to mid april, 3-4 grams of phenibut with 8-10 beers to 0,3 l.. at the end the phenibut didnt have much effect anymore. nowadays i drink max 2 beers a week
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I suffer from extreme anxiety, stress and worries, otherwise healthy body
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use xanax in case im extremely anxious, otherwise i use natural supplements like l theanine, kava and honokiol, herbal teas as well
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have not been to a psychiatrist after i had the bad trip, just to the house doctor as we call it here in europe, and he prescribed xanax for me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had the bad trip which caused a sense of depersonalization, this was september 2015, in october after a night out with heavy drinking things got much worse and i suffered panic attacks from extreme depersonalization, and its there that i could no longer work due to a very bad mental state with extreme anxiety and even panic and a sense of derealization(i guess) or pasychosis, im no expert. In february i could start work again but still experienced heavy anxiety and depersonalization.. i put myself through and read up on the internet about phenibut. Phenibut took away the anxiety but caused other problems
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One of which is that i have a changed libido, i have lowered libido

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted I strongly believe that your best option to get back on track is to contact your psychiatrist. After evaluating you she may want to have you spend a couple of weeks in the hospital.

This is the fastest, safest and best way for you to feel better.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS