Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

A few weeks ago I started to experience minor bleeding and

Customer Question

A few weeks ago I started to experience minor bleeding and pain from my rectum. Since then I have noticed several small bumps inside my anus, and have had three or four larger painful bumps in different spots. The amount of blood and pus draining has continued to increase and has become alarming. I do not have health insurance currently. Could this just be a minor condition?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding minor bleeding & lumps in rectum/anus:

Do you have any pain during passing of stool?

Do you have history of constipation?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sometimes experience pain when passing stool. It only seems to be when I notice a larger painful bump. At which time I experience pain all day. I do not have any history of constipation
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having history of minor bleeding and pain from rectum & several small bumps inside your anus, and have had three or four larger painful bumps in different spots suggests the possibility of a condition called hemorrhoids.Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum.Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.

This is not a serious or dangerous issue but is of concern & need to be treated.
You need:

-Rectal examination
-Anoscopy
-Stool examination

The treatment of hemorrhoids includes applying of local anesthetics like Benzocaine 5% to 20% (Americaine Hemorrhoidal).There is another very common cream available that helps greatly to treat hemorrhoids called preparation H. You can get it at your pharmacy.This will help you greatly in treating the symptoms of hemorrhoids & will provide you relief from pain.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Also for quick recovery,you need to avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.

Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

All this will help you greatly to keep your symptoms at bay.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Has the bleeding from anus stopped?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh