Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Will my regular doctor in any way lose his license for

Customer Question

Will my regular doctor in any way lose his license for writing me a script for my regular pain medication due the next time it's due as I am moving out of state and need time to find a new doctor. I'm a cancer survivor and have lots of side effects from chemo and radiation; lymphedema, reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, diverticulosis, gastritis w bile, just to name a few and I had 13 lymph nodes removed from upper r thigh and have pain there and at surgery site(vagina) where tumor wS as it martastasized to my thigh. I go to massage therapy, exercise, and physical therapy. I do everything I can to help myself but I still end up on the couch with legs elevated and ice packs every night. The pain medication is the only relief I have to have any sort of life to do the things I do to help myself. Isn't he allowed to write a script for thirty days, so I can find a doctor? Thank u fir ur time.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 21 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear you are in pain from cancer. Your doctor can writs for a thirty day supply. He must postdate the prescription so it can not be filled prior to your normal 30 day prescription is due. If you use a national chain pharmacy, such as CVS or Walgreen, he can arrange for the prescription to be filled at a location near where you are moving. This can be accomplished so you have time to get a new pain management doctor.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you