How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5252
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tier in my inner crack of my bottom just up from my

Customer Question

I have a tier in my inner crack of my bottom just up from my cockzic
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.


Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any pain in the tear? Any bleeding? Is the tear also present near the anus? Any history of constipation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No higher up . Yes it is a bit sour . I do have a problem with constipation
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the additional information, ill just compose your answer and get back to you in a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Well from what you are describing this tear can be due to a number of things. This can be due to a fissure which has formed in the soft tissues of the lowerback and upper gluteal region. while this is unlikely to be an anal fissure since you have mentioned it is far way from the anus but a fissure can form at other locations than the anus. This can be diagnosed on a simple clinical examination and with the help of certain tests. in the meantime you can use OTC lidocaine gel on the area to help with the pain and apply neosporin to prevent an infection. Vaseline would be helpful as well.

Another cause can be a fistula which is an abnormal communication between the skin and deeper structures in the body. This abnormal communication can be diagnosed with a simple fistulogram and then treated with surgery.

lastly this is an infection of a hair follicle in the region which is spreading. This would cause pain, redness and even sometimes pus like discharge or bleeding. the diagnosis is clinical the treatment is with oral antibiotics.

Now i would suggest that you start applying lidocaine and neosporin on the location and at the same time schedule an appointment with your doctor as if this is a fistula then you would need immediate treatment.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.