Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I ignorantly used hydrogen peroxide anally. I am bleeding

Customer Question

i ignorantly used hydrogen peroxide anally. I am bleeding now, urges to use the restroom, but only small amount of blood comes out. is there any temporary relief.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Were you have bleeding before using hydrogen peroxide anally?

Do you have pain in anus now?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wasn't have bleeding prior . And now every so often I feel an urge to go to bathroom and its just small blood clots or small amount of blood, but its been frequent in thenlast 12 hours. I had no symptoms prior to this, but the instant I did it, symptoms occurred.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am in discomfort, more so from having to gonto the bathroom frequently and shaky (but again I think it's due to the frequency ).
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

As you have ignorantly used hydrogen peroxide anally & now having bleeding from anus,you can apply preparation H anally to get instant relief.It provides great relief from irritation and burning.

Apply protectants like aluminum hydroxide gel,they prevent irritation of the perianal area by forming a physical barrier on the skin.If there is excessive pain then apply menthol 0.1% to 1.0% . These are available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the bleeding or other symptoms persists.then you need to go to ER for examination & hence the treatment accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.Has your bleeding from anus stopped? Have you used the above described OTC treatments?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh