Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I preformed unprotected fallatio about 5 days ago with a new

Customer Question

i preformed unprotected fallatio about 5 days ago with a new partner, a few days ago my penis started feeling uncomfortable and went to the doctor and got urine tested for gonohrrea, syphilis uti and chlemedia, all came negative, tomorrow i have a blood test, doctor says only thing she can think of is herpes, but i have no blisters what so ever, is it possible to have urethra pain and frequent urination from herpes even without the presence of blisters, rash nor lessions?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?
Customer: about a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it is possible for a herpes infection to cause symptoms related to nerve irritation without sores or other visible skin manifestations. In the vast majority of cases, there is a combination of sores and symptoms from nerve irritation, but it is possible to get the nerve irritation symptoms alone. It is rare, but it is possible.

There are also a few other germs that can cause an infection of the urethra, such as mycoplasma or ureaplasma. It is also possible to develop non-infectious inflammation, which can occur because of sensitivity to something to which the penis has come in contact. During sexual encounters, this is most due to residua from cleaning products, and if the encounter involved oral sex, it cold be a reaction to something that your partner used for teeth or oral cleansing.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.