Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Can you get hpv from using an infected persons tooth brush,

Customer Question

can you get hpv from using an infected persons tooth brush
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: i have hpv on genitals and on my tongue and below my tongue,my wife has it too.we had our daughter vaccinated, but a couple months ago she used my tooth brush by mistake , now she has bumps on inside of mouth and it looks like hpv warts
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: me and my wife have had hpv for 15 or so years she has occasional outbreaks on her lips
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.

No, HPV cannot be transmitted through sharing of tooth brush.

One can get HPV by having oral, vaginal, or anal sex with someone who has the virus. The most common means of transmission is by skin-to-skin contact with the penis, scrotum, vagina, vulva, or anus of an infected person.

Kissing or touching a partner’s genitals with the mouth can also transmit HPV.

So sharing the tooth brush can not transmit the HPV virus.

However as you think such bumps look like HPV warts then she needs to be examined by doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 7 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.