Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have a knee implant with nickel and just had testing and

Customer Question

I have a knee implant with nickel and just had testing and am highly allergic to the nickel. I am constantly fatigued, have a lot of pain in the leg and am not a candidate for revision. I have a blood clotting disorder and when I had the surgery I had 2 pulmonary embolisms....ergo.. dr will not repeat it, as I am such a high risk. Where do I go from here?
Thank you
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

you should see a toxicologist to get blood nickle testing. if your levels are high, you may benefit from chelation therapy to help get nickle out of your system.

have you been icing your knee to help decrease inflammation and decrease pain?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I already had the blood test and am highly allergic to nickel. Yes I do ice the knee. My implant was 10 months ago and I feel worse than before because of the metal. I need to know who to see (Dr) to find out if anything there is anything that can be done to counter my symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

are you close to a large university center where you can see a toxicologist and blood test for nickel?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have told you twice now that I ALREADY had the test and I am HIGHLY allergic to nickel which is in my knee implant. I needed to know if there is anything I can do to alleviate the symptoms from the nickel other than revision surgery. You have sent me two messages and it is no help at all. That is what I get for $60? I am not satisfied and I would like a refund as it said in the beginning of this, that if not satisfied, you get a refund. I got 3 sentences for $60.00. What a ripoff and if I wanted to have a phone conversation it is $50. More?? Refund my $60 please. Thank you