Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Sudden burning sensation in throat

Customer Question

sudden burning sensation in throat
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 26 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 26 days ago.

Thanks for waiting. Do you have any such feeling behind breast bone as well? Any fever etc? Is this burning persistent or it comes and goes like a current? I am ear, nose and throat specialist and can assist you. Regards

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
no fever right now burning in throat persistant no such feeling behind breast bone
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 26 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There can be two possible causes for this burning. Either this can be secondary to acid reflux from the throat or it can be due to some nerve inflammation in the throat. Acid reflux is more likely. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can try over the counter available capsule Omeprazole 20 mg and 2 table spoons of over the counter available syrup Gaviscon. If these measures help you, you should continue omeprazole once daily and gaviscon thrice daily for 7 days. If your symptoms persist, you should visit your doctor for further evaluation but I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards