Christopher Palmer
Christopher Palmer,
Experience:  Hospitalist Physcian (Internist) at Kent County Hospital
91318447

Anxiety issues, My Dr. has me on medication for it, but with

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Anxiety issues
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: My Dr. has me on medication for it, but with what I'm currently going through, the medication does not seem to be working
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No sir
Category: Medical
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Palmer. It sounds like your anxiety has worsened due to a particular issue/situation? What are you currently taking, and when did you start taking it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has had me on Klonipin 1mg since May of 2014. The situation has REALLY worsened because I'm currently in the middle of a separation and mentally, I CANNOT HANDLE IT

1 mg once a day as needed? Obviously that is a lot to handle for anyone, not to mention for someone with underlying anxiety disorder. Do you have panic attacks?

Meaning hyperventilate, chest pain, pounding in chest, sweats, nausea to the point almost passing out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have ALL of those symptoms and I was hoping you can prescribe.....??

Is the separation not mutual? Are there children involved? What is it about the separation that worries you the most. It's good to try to narrow that down. Because I assure you, no matter how difficult this may be, you will be okay and you will get through this.

No I cant prescribe medication. Klonapin is good though. Its a benzodiazipine, the best medication for panic attacks. You can certainly double up on the dose and take 2mg. It's also good to call someone close, a family member to talk and to not be alone. Also a very cold wash cloth over your forehead, lying down is helpful.

Medication is only one component to treatment. Often times when you are having a panic attack, meds will only take the edge off. Also, you can also take a klonapin, 1 or 2. Then a 50 mg dose of Benadryl. That can be helpful as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Than you for the reassurance. Yes, there are 2 children involved. She took them and they left tonight and gave me a time limit and then part ways. I am sitting here alone panicking and hyperventilating. ARE YOU ABLE TO PRESCRIBE???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok well thanks anyway. If your a legitimate Doctor, I don't understand why you cannot prescribe??? I am supposed to take 3 per day/90 per month

I cannot prescribe those kind of medications unless I do a physical exam. So you have no more meds left? What you should do is try to concentrate on what to do next. She took the children from you? Are there attorneys involved? Have you made the environment unsafe, or is she now just unhappy and took them. She really can't just take your children away. The first thing you should do is call a divorce attorney in the am if that's the way this is headed.

That kind of medication is a common drug of abuse, a schedule IV drug, therefore it cannot ever be prescribed online or over the phone.

You also need to see a counselor, this will be the MOST helpful more than meds. If she is willing to attend with you, that would be better even if reconciliation is not probable at this point.

You should be able to call your doctor, or someone on call any time. If they know you then they might be able to call your pharmacy and prescribe.

Also, you could walk in to any urgent care or ER and they would help you with meds.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks

Your welcome, take care

Could you please rate me?

please rate me