Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I'm an an adult male at the age of 36. I have been taking

Customer Question

I'm an an adult male at the age of 36. I have been taking lithium since the age of nine at 1800mg. My creatine levels have been sitting around 1.1 to 1.2mg. In 2010 my creatine levels jump to 1.38 and been that way for six years. What are the Lang term effect of creatine on my organs.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

This is only a mildly raised creatinine which should not cause any significant long-term affects on your organs.

If the creatinine continues to rise then it may cause various organs such as the brain, heart, lungs to be affected.

Also when the kidney function drops significantly then you may develop swelling in various parts of the body i.e. around the eyes, in the feet.

So the bot***** *****ne is that at this level I would not worry about damage to various organs.

Thank you for your question.
Do you have a picture or two that you could send me on here for me to have a look at.
Kindest regards