Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I would like to ask a question. I had acquired a bad cold

Customer Question

I would like to ask a question. I had acquired a bad cold and sneezed and coughed at same time. Began experiencing severe heat in throat and body. Most of the heat is coming from the back of my neck. Went to hospital they found nothing including thyroid and said sinus infection. Just let it take its course . I can not sleep or put blanket on the heat has to escape and seems to be the upper torso but does sometimes go into legs. I don't know what this could be but it is not hot flashes or diabetic pain.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I have no cough and this has been for three months. Some of the symptoms have subsided but now with this it is worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had breast cancer three years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

bad bacterial sinus infection of the sinuses would need a course of antibitoics to treat an infection.

are you having fever? do you have a thermometer to take your own temperature?

it is very common for you to have low grade temperature when you have a viral infection or flu infection.

low grade fever can cause you to feel hot.