Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I am a 60 yo female, whose been in menopause for awhile

Customer Question

I am a 60 yo female, whose been in menopause for awhile around 6 - 10 years. I have noticed some browning vaginal discharge for 3-4 days now. I am getting ready to go out of town for about 15 days.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor. I am on crestor twice a week and cmp E2 2.5MG/T 0.75MG/P 90MG.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Claritin daily Allergic to penicillin, codeine, Iodine dye
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing else comes to mind
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am here to help you. Give me just a moment to read and think about your case and I'll reply in just a moment.

Based on the symptoms you are describing it would be prudent to have a pelvic exam done along with an endometrial biopsy (not painful). The reason I say this is that spotting or brown discharge isn't normal after age 50 in women and should be investigated.

As far as the time-frame. It should be a procedure easily done in the office by your doctor within the 15 days before your trip. You are safe to wait up to a month to have it done because the chance of endometrial cancer is low but it is still on the list of things we would be worried about.

Hope I am not making you too concerned but it's worth considering.

If you have any other question please let me know, otherwise please click on "Rating" to close this visit.

Dr. Ashori

Please click on "Rating" in order to close this case and complete the transaction.
Dr Ashori

If you are done with this conversation please click on "Rating" so that I can get compensated for this case.

In order for me to be paid for this conversation please complete it by clicking on "Rating".
Thank you.