Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Ive just been reading about a ladies leg lower leg that has

Customer Question

Ive just been reading about a ladies leg lower leg that has a warm sensation. My right leg on the side above the knee has been getting warm sensations since yesterday, feels like someone has rubbed deep heat lotion on me. All day long comes and goes, no pain or swelling or redness and not hot toot ouch.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Since yesterday afternoon noticed it while sitting at the cinema. I sometimes get it but only once ...not on going. I could be walking sitting laying down dosent matter
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: On Thyroxine for thyroid which I have had for about 10 years
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. can i ask do you have numbness or tingling in the same region? Any history of back pain? what is your age?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

From what you have described this sounds like a neurological issue more than anything else, considering the hypothyroidism which you already have it is likely that you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy which is a condition in which the nerves are damaged because of several underlying causes including hypothyroidism, vitamin deficiency, infections, heavy metal poisoining among others. This would cause sensations of warmth as well as tingling or numbness in some cases. in some cases it can also cause pain however abnormal sensations are the hallmark of the disease. it can be diagnosed with the help of a simple clinical examination and also with a nerve conduction study. The treatment can involve several drugs like lyrica as well as treating the underlying cause.

Another cause of this could be compression of the nerves in the back which can cause these sensations even in the absence of back pain. This would be diagnosed with a nerve conduction study and also with MRI of the back. A condition known as meralgia parsthetica can also start as abnormal sensations on the lateral surface of the thigh.

Now i would suggest that you start using OTC vitamin B complex supplements and at the same time see your doctor for a clinical examination as well as a nerve conduction study.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/